Collect beautiful nature impressions while hiking
Hiking and exercise are good for you. For the body and the soul. Hiking gets you going, your energy tank is fully recharged, relaxation and recuperation set in as if by magic. Your perfect hiking holiday at the Höflehner 4*superior Nature and Wellness Hotel!
No wonder, then, that hiking is at the top of the list of the most popular activities. Try it out for yourself - and as a bonus, we guarantee that you will take home unforgettably beautiful impressions of nature!
Positive effects of hiking on health
Hike yourself fit and beautiful! Most people know that exercise in the fresh air is good for your health. Enduring hiking gets the psyche and the body going. Away from the noise of civilisation, hiking through the forests, valleys, plateaus and mountains also restores peace and clarity to our minds. Problems become smaller and more manageable at the sight of the boundless sky. Stress disappears all by itself after a few hours. Good hiking conversations with like-minded people do the rest. On every hike it is always nice to see faces relax and laugh.
Hiking can have many positive effects on your health:
- Uphill and downhill are particularly healthy
- Walking uphill not only exercises our cardiovascular system. Regular uphill walking lowers cholesterol levels. Harmful cholesterol is broken down and the good HDL cholesterol increases. Walking downhill burns extra sugar in the muscles, which is replaced from the fat cells. We lose fat and gain muscle mass.
- High blood sugar levels are reduced, which is good for preventing adult-onset diabetes.
- Walking strengthens the cardiovascular system. The deeper breathing improves the blood supply to the lungs.
- The risk of thrombosis is reduced by improved blood flow.
- The brain is also happy. About 1000 litres of blood flow through it every day to supply it with sugar and oxygen.
- Endurance exercise such as hiking therefore increases the blood oxygen content and thus ensures a lasting increase in concentration and memory.
- High blood pressure can be favourably influenced by hiking.
- Hiking also helps to get metabolic disorders under control again. All the internal organs are massaged and activated by the movement. Sweating is good, because with sweat we release harmful substances that already do not have to be detoxified by the liver. Fatty tissue is replaced by muscle tissue, waste products are broken down and eliminated.
- Better stability of the psyche
- Strengthening of the immune system
- Protection of joints through more muscle strength
- Bone substance is regenerated and strengthened
- Generally better mobility and coordination
- Strengthening of the cardiovascular system and reduction of cardiovascular diseases
- "Hiking is particularly recommended as a health sport, as one can do good for one's health by hiking at any age, in almost any place and without much equipment." (from press release German Hiking Association July 2003, www.wanderverband.de
Discover the wonderful natural scenery around our hotel.
Explore the Schladming-Dachstein Region together with our certified hiking guides.