History & Chronicle
The "Knapplhof" - our main hotel looks back on almost 300 years of history. Here we show you how the Knapplhof got its name and how a mountain farm became a 4-star wellness hotel.
Almost 300 years of tradition
Take a look back with us and learn all about the history of our hotel. It all began with a mountain farm, before a snack station and the first guest rooms were opened in 1957.
A lot has happened since then, and today the Höflehner is a four-star superior nature and wellness hotel that can look back on a long and proud tradition.
The guest house is built. The first guests are welcomed at Christmas 1966.
The swimming pool, which still exists today, was also built as part of the remodelling.
16. March: Start of the conversion to a nature and wellness hotel
with 30 new rooms, wellness area with indoor pool and outdoor pool, 4 treatment rooms, and much more.
Nature, the namesake of the new hotel, is at the centre of the new hotel concept. "The centrepiece of the new philosophy is the "6-N quality".
Opening of the new Nature and Wellness Hotel Höflehner on 3 December 2009
Take old wood from stables in the region and Swiss stone pine and combine the two with trendy style elements and traditional construction methods. The result is the latest gem at Höflehner's Bergbad & Spa. 30 guests looking for a retreat will find plenty of space in the Stillen Alm with views of the surrounding mountains.
Further building projects are realised:
The time of the 1st lockdown was used to create even more natural luxury and numerous projects were tackled:
- The Premium Alpin SPA was expanded to include a new relaxation centre, the Bacherlalm
- Since this year, there have been yoga platforms along the Hofrunde to feel the power of the forest during an extensive yoga session
- Our "Hausbar" became the "Alchemist" and the "Hoamatstubn" became the "H11siebzehn"
- A new gourmet concept was developed - GKH, which stands for Gerhard's healthy indulgence, Katrin's creative cuisine and Höflehner's home-style cooking
- Our little guests experience a winter adventure on the new magic carpet, where they can learn to ski with ease
The 2nd lockdown has been extended, but no stone has been left unturned.
The Premium Alpin SPA was enlarged and added ...
- a new luxury infinity whirlpool
- a dwarf bath for the children
- new treatment rooms for even more natural luxury
- a new relaxation centre, the "Neue Hochalm"
Our winter facilities have also been given a facelift:
- The GumpenBar was enlarged and given a new terrace and kitchen.
- The Bergschlössl was given a new indoor area and a roof terrace.
In addition, more space was created for our employees and 2 new staff houses were added.
The Natur- und Wellnesshotel Höflehner has created a holistic, genuine brand for its employees that both the current team and potential applicants can identify with.
"FEX by höflehner" is young, innovative, cool and conveys the pride and passion of each individual employee.